Your councillor for Region IV travelled to Chicago on March 24-26 for the spring meeting of the National Council. Leaving 80-degree temperatures in Florida, I found Chicago to be not only windy, but cold (!) with highs in the 30’s.
A variety of topics were covered during the meeting, and I’ll summarize events with the ‘Top Seven’ list from the Spring Meeting of the National Council:
- 7. New dates for for AGO Houston 2016: June 20-23, 2016
- 6. Kansas City won the bid for the 2018 National Convention!
- 5. Has your chapter considered hosting a POE or Regional? Now is the time to consider putting together a bid. Let me know if you’re interested!
- 4. As of the meeting date, only 9 of the chapters in Region IV had contributed to the AGO Annual Fund. As many of you know, a high percentage of giving makes our organization more attractive to grant agencies. Perhaps your chapter can give a small amount?
- 3. Status of National Dues Collection – delayed. The company contracted to prepare the system was not able to complete their work on time so implementation is delayed. While I don’t have answers to all the questions, I am now able to preview sample pages of the program. I do think the system has exciting possibilities -- we’ll just need a bit of patience as we make the transition. If there is any way I can assist, let me know!
And, closer to home . . . .
- 2. Thanks to all chapters in our region that agreed to host local rounds of the AGO/Quimby regional competition. Competitions were/will be held at six locations. Watch the Region IV blog (http://agoregionivblog.blogspot.com/) for announcements of winners.
- 1. Have you registered for the Region IV regional convention yet? It’s time! I look forward to seeing many of you there . . . let’s all go to Greensboro!
Post a Comment