Welcome to the Southeast Region Blog!



Welcome to the Southeast Region Blog!


Greetings to all members in the Southeast Region of the American Guild of Organists. I hope that this blog can be an easy way for us to keep in touch. Please contact me for news and events from your chapter that should be included. I'm happy to spread the word! Scroll to the bottom of the page for the regional events calendar.


Best wishes for a wonderful 2015-2016 season.


Laura


Monday, June 27, 2011

Greensboro -- A Carolina Celebration!

The Greensboro Regional has begun! Sunday night: a pre-convention program by the Raleigh Ringers and an opening festival of hymns at First Presbyterian Church with featured organist Dr. Joyce Jones. On Monday morning we heard splendid recitals by Dr. Faythe Freese (West Market Street UMC) and Dr. Timothy Olsen (Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church). Afternoon workshops included one by me entitled "How to Jump Start Your Chapter." I hope attendees left with a few good ideas.

I'm about ready to hop on the bus for the featured evening recital by Dame Gillian Weir. Gotta love regional conventions . . . thanks, Greensboro AGO!

No comments:

Post a Comment