Welcome to the Southeast Region Blog!



Welcome to the Southeast Region Blog!


Greetings to all members in the Southeast Region of the American Guild of Organists. I hope that this blog can be an easy way for us to keep in touch. Please contact me for news and events from your chapter that should be included. I'm happy to spread the word! Scroll to the bottom of the page for the regional events calendar.


Best wishes for a wonderful 2015-2016 season.


Laura


Sunday, January 24, 2016

Snowy NC meetings in Baltimore

National Council meetings were held in Baltimore on January 21-22. Highlights from the meeting include Winter Storm Jonas (29.2 inches of snow reported at the airport) and a good discussion of all things AGO.

Regarding Winter Storm Jonas, here is a picture from my hotel room in the Mt. Vernon area on Saturday morning -- George Washington statue in the background.


Those assembled had a great discussion of the exciting new Virtual Youth Chapters (if you don't know about these, ask an under-30 AGO member near you); a presentation by the Marketing Committee; reports from all councillors; and an update on the guild's discussions with the FTC.

The guild is doing well -- thanks to you!

I hope to return to the Southeast soon. My Friday night flight home was cancelled, as were my rebooked Saturday and Sunday flights. Keep your fingers crossed that my Monday flight is a go. I'm ready to get back to the wonderful southeast region!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment